5 Reasons Why Body for Life is Still a Great Program
“When you gain control of your body, you will gain control of your life. No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change. Focus on progress, not perfection.”
-Bill Phillips, Author of Body for Life
If you enjoy this article, please LIKE, SHARE, and follow us on Facebook.
Body for Life was written almost 20-years ago, but I still believe it is one of the best fitness and self-improvement books ever written. If you want to transform your body and your life, the book’s program will deliver.
Is the program perfect? No, but it is still better than 99% of the current programs in circulation. The most common criticism of the program is its simplicity, but I think too many people make getting in shape overly complicated. Do I agree with every aspect of the program? No. I would have to disagree with a few of the book’s assertions, based on the extensive research I conducted during the writing of my book, The Fat Loss Habit, but these are mostly minor flaws. We shouldn’t devote major time to minor things, so let’s focus on why the program is so effective.
Five Reasons why the Body for Life is still a fantastic program.
- The program teaches us “How to cross the abyss.”
- The program emphasizes strength training.
- The program sponsors a fitness competition that creates a sense of urgency.
- The program is simple and effective, with an emphasis on effort and progress.
- The program provides all the tools you’ll need to monitor your consistency and progress.
Continue reading “5 Reasons Why Body for Life is Still a Great Program”